­­In my practice I try to reassess the products of our cultural waste. I often use objects from eBay or other sources. The notion of memory is somehow always interlinked in my work and I deal with it as an inseparable phenomenon of our everydayness. Collecting, archiving and gathering things is part of my process and often visible in the execution.




‘Our obsessions with memory functions as a reaction formation against the accelerating technical processes that is transforming our Lebenswelt (lifeworld) in quite distinct ways. [Memory] represents the attempt to slow down information processing, to resist the dissolution of time in the synchronicity of the archive, to recover a mode of contemplation outside the universe of simulation, and fast-speed information and cable networks, to claim some anchoring space in a world of puzzling and often threaten heterogeneity, non-synchronicity, and information overload.’


Huyssen, A. in Gere C. 2006